Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fresh Gradient Nails

Gradient nails, we've all done them, seen them, or at least know about them. Usually gradient nails imply a bunch of colors that work with each other, and that gradually (that's where the gradient comes from) go from one shade to another.

Well, all nice and swell but I like a pop of color and been wanting to do something with only two colors  which didn't really have much in common but all together gave a fresh look.

So this is what happened:

Essence Got a Secret and Australis Sweetpea nail polish gradient nails

























I used a really light grey from Essence called Got a Secret and what I thought was going to be a mint green but turned out to be a much cooler bright turquoise from Australis, called Sweetpea . If you haven't heard of Australis...well I hadn't either, until I got This Goodie Box from Rebecca in Australia. You can see the polish there too.

I really liked the look of my nails, especially since I did them on a rainy day and they gave me a nice sunny feeling by just looking at them.

I really recommend you try something like this. Like grey and yellow or green tips. It's a nice pick-me-up when it's less than sunny outside.

Have you ever tried any fresh looking gradients?

If you are lacking a fresh color to dip on your tips, you can always win the very awake Rimmel - Bright Back At You polish by entering my First International Giveaway by clicking Here.





                                     You can also Follow on * Twitter * FacebookBloglovin *   

7 comments:

  1. Ohh this looks so lovely!! It looks so fresh and clean and i reallly like it! I might try it too sometimes! I just realized i don't own that kind of colours, shame on me!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm low on yellow for example. Had a pale one from Essence but by now it's as thick as resin. I think spring will be very promising :P

      Delete
  2. Love these nails, it definitely looks summery.

    Julie
    sweetsaremyweakness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was really good to have them to stare at on a rainy day :)

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty! Really dainty and girly :) Love it.

    http://abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look lovely! Definitely a burst of summer x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...